- I used to eat ice cream with my dad every night at 8:00. I mean every night. Talk about a hard habit to break! I guess it's been hard for him too. We both still have raging sweet tooths (or would that be sweet teeth?).
- I buy a lot of my food in bulk, which saves money in the long run. These large purchases at irregular times wreak havoc on a budget though. To solve this, we have a reduced grocery budget and a bulk food budget.
- I love avocados. I can remember my mom fixing avocado sandwiches on brown bread for me as a girl. She always peppered them, which is how I love them now.
- I am very bad at remembering to drink water. I think I'm missing the thirst mechanism.
- I can't stand the smell of raw eggs. Most people can't even think of how raw eggs smell. Even though I don't like the smell, I still make eggs for my kids and husband... and omelets for guests!
- We spent a few years as vegans. After noticing some health issues arise, we started to add in some high-quality meats. We still don't eat meat every day. And when we do, it is a grass-fed, organic variety.
- I simply can not follow a recipe. No matter how hard I try, I just can't do what the writing says. There's always something I tweak. That's why every recipe posted on this blog is my own variation... and I can't even follow my own recipes! Cooking is always an adventure in our house.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
7 Things Odd and Interesting About Me
I usually skip out on the "Tag! You're It..." posts. My main reason is that I want to stick to my topic. This time around, I'm going to tackle the tag. It's Saturday, right! However, I am only going to list out things that pertain to health. Thanks for the tag, Bethany!