Monday, September 21, 2009

New Blog Listing

What a full weekend! And what a Monday!!!! I'm about to get my produce box, so I haven't made my meal plan for the week yet... I hope to post that and get back to regular posting tomorrow. Until then, here is a fun tidbit for those of you who like to blog hop:

Health Begins With Mom has been listed in a blog link collection entitled "100 Best Blogs for Entrepreneurial-Minded Moms." The list is separated into subcategories from which it is easy to pick and choose what meets your interests. The categories are:
  • Advice and Support from other Mom-Entrepreneurs
  • Budget
  • PR and Marketing
  • Health
  • Balance
  • Parenting
  • Quick Recipes
  • Beauty, Fashion and Shopping
  • Helpful Resources
I, for sure, will be checking out the Quick Recipes blogs... looking for healthy ideas or recipes I can tweak to meet our whole foods standards. And I'm sure I'll check out the other health blogs, plus a few more.

If you like to see what other moms are up to, be sure to visit the link!

Happy Monday,

3 comments:

kelli said...

Hi, Amy Ellen!

Thanks for the link to this! I'm headed over there to check it out when I'm done here.

I have a question for you. I just made the 5 minute whole wheat artisan bread for the 2nd time. (We love it, by the way!) I am not at all an experienced bread-maker, so I'm wondering if I just ruined the dough.

Last time, I cut the recipe in half. This time I followed it completely...except...I forgot to put it in a larger bowl to rise. It was overflowing, so I just reached in and grabbed half of the dough out and plopped into another bowl. Of course, it "popped" a bit.

Will it be ok? Did I ruin it?

Thanks for your thoughts:)

Amy Ellen said...

Hi Kelli,

Normal bread... you might have ruined. But, this artisan bread is very forgiving... especially since it rises so long and then sets so long before actual baking.

So, no problem at all. Just wait until it domes and sinks again before you put it up.

Happy Monday!
Amy Ellen

kelli said...

Whew and yippee!!!

Thanks so much for the quick answer!

Oh..and we just had your Kale, Parmesan, Portabello Quiche...and we all loved it!

I am so thankful for your love of whole foods and for sharing your knowledge and expertise with us:)