I know that some of you readers are on wheat-free or strictly-soaked-wheat diets. I totally see how that is beneficial. However, we do eat whole wheat pitas when we have no homemade bread available. (I like to always be prepared, but alas, I am no supermom... even though I aspire to that!) I do hope to share some more wheat-free recipes soon, but today I would like to post a simple pita pizza recipe for those readers who can eat whole wheat.
It is wonderfully simple. Here goes:
- Lay six uncut pitas down on a cookie sheet.
- Spread a spoonful of salsa over each one.
- Layer cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with thinly sliced avocados on top.
A note on ingredients: You will want to read the labels in order to select pitas and salsa that contain only real ingredients and no added sugars.