Diet is very important. Supplements are just that -- supplementary to a good diet. I can see my family benefiting from the vitamins we take. What about you? Do you need a multi-vitamin? Good question. From my observations, I rarely meet someone who is getting all the necessary nutrients from today's depleted food sources. Here are a few questions that might help you find the answer to that question:
- Are you like nine out of ten Americans who don't eat the recommended five-a-day of fruits and vegetables?
- Have you been pregnant or nursing in the last year and a half? If so, your body is still rebuilding!
- Do you eat convenience or fast foods because there isn't enough time to use all whole foods?
- Do you eat any "artificial" foods because they are low in fat, reduced calorie or just plain cheap?
- Do you purchase conventional foods because organics are too expensive? Keep in mind that organic foods contain 4-40% more nutrients than conventional foods.
- Do you eat any white flour or white sugar products?
For my previous thoughts on supplements take a look at these posts: