Monday, August 24, 2009

Meals for the Week

Well, I started to plan for this week's meals in the midst of planning for Tickle's birthday party and getting ready for company. Then, I dropped my list somewhere in the grocery store... I write my meals on one side of the paper and my grocery list on the back, so losing it means losing the whole plan.

I didn't have time to reconstruct the meal plan until today, which is too late to thaw meat for tonight. So, I'm switching it all around. Here goes:

Monday:
Bean Burrito Casserole with fresh guacamole (thanks to my mom who brings avocados almost every time she visits) and a BIG salad. We'll also have leftover Very Hungry Caterpillar Cake with Ice Cream. (Post about Tickle's birthday coming next.)
Tuesday:
Make yogurt in the morning so it can culture all day.
Bake a triple batch of Banana Nut Muffins. I happen to really love muffins these days... call it a pregnancy craving, if you'd like.
Supper -- Cook a Crock Pot Chicken to serve with oven roasted potatoes and green beans.
Wednesday:
I think I can skip my baking day since I've still got a stash in the freezer, although I may make cookies for my husband's Bible Study that night.
Supper -- Use the leftover chicken for Chicken in Garlic Parsley Sauce over Brown Rice again. It was a hit! I'll do a big salad again as half of the meal.
Thursday:
Crock Pot Roast (our Grass-Fed Beef) with potatoes and lots of greens with carrots. I really miss my produce box because it is so hard to find good, organic greens at my Kroger.
Friday:
Taco Salad made with the leftover beef, beans and all the veggies. It's too bad my avocados won't last until the end of the week!

No comments: