This coming Sunday, I am preparing our traditional Roasted Leg of Lamb. Along with it I am serving
- Herb Roasted New Potatoes,
- Green Beans, which I just steam and toss with Coconut Oil, Salt and Pepper,
- Warm Whole Wheat Rolls with Butter,
- and a Tomato, Cucumber, Feta Cheese Salad.
- For Dessert, I will serve the leftovers of my husband's birthday cake. (His birthday is the day before so there is no need to make a second dessert.)
Speaking of my husband and his birthday cake... He is not one to use his birthday as an excuse to eat a small portion of refined foods. (Unlike me, who is already anticipating my annual slice of chocolate cheesecake coming this June!) No, my dear husband much prefers a "healthy" cake. And, he is very willing for me to try something new... very willing to risk a flop of a birthday cake in the pursuit of better health.
So, I have something entirely new cooking up in my mind! I am really excited about this cake. I have fallen asleep at night making the recipe better in my thoughts. I don't have a name for it yet, but I am starting with soaked grains. If it is a winner, I will post the recipe with pictures. Let's hope it is as good at I imagine it will be! If not, my sweet man will still love me for my efforts. I am so blessed!!!Enjoy your holiday,